Here is a quick and simple way to make homemade granola.
Almonds (sliced or chopped work best)
Sunflower seeds (optional)
Flax seeds (optional
Set the oven for 325 degrees. Line the cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
1. In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups of oats, 1 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup of flax seeds. Add about about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix it all up.
2. Add some honey and stir it up. I used about 3-4 tablespoons. I kind of just eyeballed it, so you might want to use more or less.
Here’s the mix. I apologize for the bad lighting.
3. Lay the mixture flat on the cookie sheet. You may have to use a your mixing spoon to take a part any clumps.
4. Bake for 17-23 minutes, or until browned.
5. Remove from oven and use spatula to turn mixture over. Let cool. Sprinkle about one to one and a half cups of dried cranberries. Mix it around.
Store the granola as you please. I’ve been saving glass jars from various condiments to re-use for things like this.
Note: I was able to fill 2 jars just like the pic above, using the recipe and measurements above.
This is a “crumble” granola that can be used as a topping on yogurt, ice cream, etc. You can also make granola bars. You’d have to use a lil bit more honey and/or some molasses. When you flatten it on the cookie sheet you’ll need to keep the granola pieces close to together, and might want to the stack it higher. You notice how I made a thin layer on the sheet, you may want to make it thicker. Experiment with it and see what happens.