This recipe is modeled after the Hershey’s ”Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake recipe with a just a few modifications. And I just winged it with the ganache! I hope you like this cake. It’s quite delicious and taste best warm.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Stevia
3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 cup of fresh brewed coffee
Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
1. Stir together sugar, stevia, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
2. Add the eggs, milk, applesauce and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in fresh brewed coffee (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
2. Bake 30 to 35 minutes and do the Toothpick Test. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
2 TBS of butter
7 squares of the Baker’s Chocolate
1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk
1. In a medium saucepan, fill with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Sit an aluminum mixing bowl over the boiling water.
2. Add the butter to the mixing bowl as it sits over the water. As it melts add the chocolate squares and the soy milk. Keep stirring until smooth, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Get your cakes ready. On one cake, add two spoonfuls of ganache and spread evenly. Keep the ganache warm and smooth by keeping the chocolate in the bowl and back into the saucepan while your spreading. Add the second cake on top of the first cake. Pour the ganache over the cake spreading it along the top of the cake and letting it drip off the sides.